Friday, February 1, 2008

Our safe apartment and icons






Today I'm not really going to write about how amazing living in Budapest is, or how the people are so different. Instead I am going to write about my apartment and the wonderful things in it.

I love my apartment. I feel so safe and at home in it. Ellora and I have made it our own. It is possibly the first home I have ever lived in that feels truly safe from all the troubles of the world. I can just sit on my chair and feel complete. Ellora brought a good luck bell that we hung above our door that rings whenever the door is open. Every time I hear it ring I know that everything is going to be okay.

We already bought incense (aphrodesia, frankincense, super hit) and peach candles. So our apartment always smells like beauty and girlie-ness.

Today Ellora and I bought some icons to truly express ourselves and to make our apartment feel even more ours. We bought a chinese fan, a statue of Anubis, a cobra, a Buddha, and a beautiful statue of two children holding hands about to kiss. Now I am perfectly at peace in Budapest.

No comments: