Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Week Two




My second week in Budapest,

I think that instead of doing weeks I am going to do days, or try to anyway.

Anywho, this past week has been wonderful. Ellora and I have become really close friends, our friend Laci (a boy whose name is pronounced Lat-see, like yahtzee) thinks that we are going to get married. It's wonderful. We do homework together, watch Buffy, and have cleaning parties for when our apartment gets too messy.

We've made some friends here too. Our closest are actually our mentor's Zsofi, her boyfriend Laci, and Melinda. The students here are really cool, but Ellora and I haven't made a strong connection with any of them yet. We will though, have no fear.

There are very attractive men here in Hungary, but none for me, not yet anyway. Besides, anyone who is close to me knows that I want a Scottish boyfriend. At least the Scots speak English.

Some interesting things that have happened within the last week are going to Heroes square, the Vajdahunyad Palace with the Statue of Anonymous with Laci and Zsofi, and the circus with them and Melinda and Jeremy. Zsofi, Laci, Ellora, Jeremy, and I also went and saw I am Legend in the gigantic mall, WestEnd. I was so terrified the entire movie I kept spazzing whenever a vampire popped out.

Last night Zsofi and Laci invited us to their apartment and I got to see how real Hungarians live, and I got to eat real Hungarian food. It was delicious, albeit different. It was so much fun!

Tonight my class went to see Atonement, which was wonderful, and Laci came with us, but not Zsofi because she went back home to visit her family for a week since she just finished her final exam.

Classes are going well, it's just like college, but in another country.

Next weekend, everyone is going to Prague. I am so excited. Ellora and I have also booked plane tickets and a hostel in London for Feb 14 to the 18. So that will be fun to.

I hope everything in Boulder and San Francisco is going well, and remember I miss you all so much.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Seren, I'm so glad that you are blogging about your Budapest experiences. And I hope you don't mind my saying so (I'm a Budapester now in New Orleans - so it warms my heart to hear about my city). Keep up the good work, and share the good and bad things alike. We need to get good feedback from you guys.
Best, Anna Sebestyen

Stephen said...

Seren, it's lovely to hear all your experiences. I can't wait to meet your friends!
Love, Kim

PS- Sorry, I'm using Stephen's computer so I'm posting under his user name. I hope he doesn't mind!